Hi Tore,
 

El 15/7/19 14:02, "Tore Anderson" <[email protected]> escribió:

    * JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via address-policy-wg
    
    > -> Because I think when there is an unfair situation (some folks bound to 
rules/policies, others not), there is a problem.
    ...
    > -> Because is not subjected to the same rules (policies) as the 
non-legacy one. That's unfair.
    
    Thank you for clarifying. I don't believe this «unfairness» rationale had 
been mentioned before.
    
    Others have explained how the legacy resources were given out with no RIR 
policy strings attached. You could make the opposite argument too, i.e., that 
it would be unfair behaviour by the RIPE community to try and retroactively 
annex legacy space in this way by unilaterally applying terms and conditions 
that were never agreed to in the first place.

-> We agree here. It may be considered unfair in one direction or the other 
one. It depends on the perspective.
    
    In any case, and to be perfectly honest, this rationale reads to like petty 
jealousy to me - «I can't do X with my RIPE ALLOCATED PA, so I don't want 
others to be able to do X either».

-> I don't have resources of any type (legacy neither non-legacy) in any RIR, 
so my view is trying to be as objective as possible and looking for the 
fairness of the more global community.
    
    I don't believe this kind of policy making is good for the community. I 
suspect the opposite is true, by turning legacy holders off from engaging with 
us. Keep in mind that they are under no obligation to do so.

-> I guess it is not still clear enoght. This doesn't affect legacy holders. It 
is only affecting the resources once they got transferred.
    
    A more positive way to approach this perceived unfairness would be to focus 
on what X is, and see if the RIPE policy can be changed to permit it.
    
    Tore
    



**********************************************
IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or 
confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the 
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, 
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if 
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be 
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware 
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this 
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly 
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the 
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.





Reply via email to