Again you are correct.  I needed to install the libpng-devel package. 
That was not all though, I had to modify the Makefile in
/programs/xcursorgen.  For some reason the LIBPNGINC is left blank.

That did not fix my problem though and I'm affraid I'm in over my head. 
Here is the output from the install.log:

make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/data/share/linux/xfree86/xc/programs/xcursorg
gcc -m32 -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -fno-strict-aliasing -ansi -pedantic
-Wall -Wp
gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
make[3]: *** [xcursorgen.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/data/share/linux/xfree86/xc/programs/xcursorge
make[2]: *** [install] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/data/share/linux/xfree86/xc/programs'
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/data/share/linux/xfree86/xc'
make: *** [install] Error 2

I have no idea what to do now.  Again, any help would be appreciated.

> On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Me wrote:
>
>> I have libpng10-1.0.13-6 and libpng-1.2.2-8 installed.  Is there a
>> particular version I need?
>
> xcursorgen.c:35:17: png.h: No such file or directory
>
>    You need header files too.  If you're installing those things
> with RPM, sometimes you don't get those unless you install the
> development package.



_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to