Hello all.
I have a problem. I'm trying to compile XFree86 4.3.0 from source on a
Redhat Linux 8.0 machine. I did a typical server install of Redhat that
does not load X.
So, I follow the instructions and do make world, make install and make
install.man. Everything appears fine. The world.log file is way too big
to find anything. But I do have some errors at the end of the install log
(included at the end of the email).
Looks like xcursorgen is failing. I'm not really sure why. Any help
would be appreciated. I could just install the binaries but I would
prefer to get the source working.
When I try to start X though I get this:
Fatal server error:
No valid FontPath could be found.
My XFree86.0.log file looks like this:
(==) Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.0.log", Time: Mon Mar 31 09:04:57 2003
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config"
(==) ServerLayout "Simple Layout"
(**) |-->Screen "Screen 1" (0)
(**) | |-->Monitor "My Monitor"
(**) | |-->Device "Matrox Millennium G400"
(**) |-->Input Device "Mouse1"
(**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard1"
(**) Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
(**) Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
(**) XKB: rules: "xfree86"
(**) Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
(**) XKB: model: "pc105"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "us"
(**) XKB: layout: "us"
(==) Keyboard: CustomKeycode disabled
(WW) The directory "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" does not exist.
Entry deleted from font path.
(WW) The directory "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/" does not exist.
Entry deleted from font path.
(WW) The directory "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/" does not exist.
Entry deleted from font path.
(WW) The directory "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/" does not exist.
Entry deleted from font path.
(WW) The directory "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/" does not exist.
Entry deleted from font path.
(WW) The directory "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/" does not exist.
Entry deleted from font path.
Fatal server error:
No valid FontPath could be found.
The install.log looks like this:
xcursorgen.c:35:17: png.h: No such file or directory
xcursorgen.c:140: parse error before "png"
xcursorgen.c: In function `premultiply_data':
xcursorgen.c:144: `row_info' undeclared (first use in this function)
xcursorgen.c:144: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
xcursorgen.c:144: for each function it appears in.)
xcursorgen.c:146: `data' undeclared (first use in this function)
xcursorgen.c: In function `load_image':
xcursorgen.c:165: `png_structp' undeclared (first use in this function)
xcursorgen.c:165: parse error before "png"
xcursorgen.c:166: `png_infop' undeclared (first use in this function)
xcursorgen.c:167: `png_bytepp' undeclared (first use in this function)
xcursorgen.c:170: `png_uint_32' undeclared (first use in this function)
xcursorgen.c:170: parse error before "width"
xcursorgen.c:174: `png' undeclared (first use in this function)
xcursorgen.c:174: warning: implicit declaration of function
`png_create_read_str
xcursorgen.c:174: `PNG_LIBPNG_VER_STRING' undeclared (first use in this
function
xcursorgen.c:178: `info' undeclared (first use in this function)
xcursorgen.c:178: warning: implicit declaration of function
`png_create_info_str
xcursorgen.c:181: warning: implicit declaration of function
`png_destroy_read_st
xcursorgen.c:185: warning: implicit declaration of function `setjmp'
xcursorgen.c:210: warning: implicit declaration of function `png_init_io'
xcursorgen.c:211: warning: implicit declaration of function `png_read_info'
xcursorgen.c:212: warning: implicit declaration of function `png_get_IHDR'
xcursorgen.c:212: `width' undeclared (first use in this function)
xcursorgen.c:212: `height' undeclared (first use in this function)
xcursorgen.c:217: `PNG_COLOR_TYPE_PALETTE' undeclared (first use in this
functio
xcursorgen.c:218: warning: implicit declaration of function `png_set_expand'
xcursorgen.c:220: `PNG_COLOR_TYPE_GRAY' undeclared (first use in this
function)
xcursorgen.c:223: warning: implicit declaration of function `png_get_valid'
xcursorgen.c:223: `PNG_INFO_tRNS' undeclared (first use in this function)
xcursorgen.c:227: warning: implicit declaration of function
`png_set_strip_16'
xcursorgen.c:230: warning: implicit declaration of function `png_set_packing'
xcursorgen.c:232: `PNG_COLOR_TYPE_GRAY_ALPHA' undeclared (first use in
this func
xcursorgen.c:233: warning: implicit declaration of function
`png_set_gray_to_rgb
xcursorgen.c:235: `PNG_INTERLACE_NONE' undeclared (first use in this
function)
xcursorgen.c:236: warning: implicit declaration of function
`png_set_interlace_h
xcursorgen.c:238: warning: implicit declaration of function `png_set_bgr'
xcursorgen.c:239: warning: implicit declaration of function `png_set_filler'
xcursorgen.c:239: `PNG_FILLER_AFTER' undeclared (first use in this function)
xcursorgen.c:241: warning: implicit declaration of function
`png_set_read_user_t
xcursorgen.c:243: warning: implicit declaration of function
`png_read_update_inf
xcursorgen.c:252: `rows' undeclared (first use in this function)
xcursorgen.c:252: `png_bytep' undeclared (first use in this function)
xcursorgen.c:257: warning: implicit declaration of function `png_read_image'
xcursorgen.c:258: warning: implicit declaration of function `png_read_end'
make[3]: *** [xcursorgen.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/data/share/linux/xfree86/xc/programs/xcursorge
make[2]: *** [install] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/data/share/linux/xfree86/xc/programs'
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/data/share/linux/xfree86/xc'
make: *** [install] Error 2
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86