IAAL, does that stand for "I am a lawyer", anyway, I am not a patent lawyer but 
I do know that the patent application can protect your intellectual property if 
written correctly. So I think the issue with Rossi is was his application 
sufficiently clear to protect his intellectual property? And frankly, no matter 
the answer to that question, lawyers will likely have a field day litigating 
that question if he starts selling a product.

Ransom

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 3, 2012, at 3:32 PM, OrionWorks - Steven V Johnson 
<[email protected]> wrote:

> From James,
> 
>> An executive has fiduciary responsibility to his stockholders.
>> This means he must pursue due diligence regarding the protection
>> of the assets of the company.  Since the USPTO has made the
>> patentability status of "cold fusion" claims unclear, for Rossi to
>> expose his trade secret in a patent disclosure could be viewed
>> as a breach of fiduciary responsibility.
>> 
>> Snipers who aren't under this sort of responsibility who demand
>> that Rossi trust the USPTO to act in a rational manner are not
>> to be taken seriously.
> 
> Daniel, I know you've already said that you've said everything you
> want to say on this topic, but do you have anything more you might
> like to add to Jame's commentary? I seem to recall that you have some
> first-hand knowledge of how a patent office works.
> 
> As for me, INAL either, but I would speculate that Rossi's current
> patent would be defined by a gaggle of lawyers as having been written
> so badly that it would offer little or no protection against all forms
> of "illegal" attempts to reverse engineer the Andrea's work.
> 
> James, you seem to be saying that under the current climate Rossi is
> in a catch-22 situation. Damned if he does. Damned if he doesn't.
> 
> Did I miss something here?
> 
> Regards
> Steven Vincent Johnson
> www.OrionWorks.com
> www.zazzle.com/orionworks
> 

Reply via email to