Those are excellent suggestions.  One consideration about the flow rate.  Since 
you are ordering and I presume testing a 100 kW system, the delta temperature
will be many times larger than the one tested on October 6 at the rate used 
then.  I suggest that it would be wise to set the output flow rate to achieve a 
delta temperature 
of say 20 to 30 C as the target.  We can assist you in determining the flow 
rate that should accomplish that goal ahead of time if you like.

Also, which power rating are you ordering from Rossi?  Is it the driven level 
or the self sustaining one?

Dave



-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Leguillon <[email protected]>
To: vortex-l <[email protected]>
Sent: Sun, Nov 20, 2011 2:24 am
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Help in testing a E-Cat


For the secondary water flow, use a lower flow rate, creating a higher delta T. 
hen, the output flow can be diverted into any basin (and periodically emptied), 
ith the temperature measured there. You could use a thermocouple inside of the 
nput water flow for measure, but keep a disconnect in the line to double-check 
by emptying some into a basin as well)
Aussie Guy E-Cat <[email protected]> wrote:
>I have just emailed Rossi with my interest in purchasing a 100 kW E-Cat 
plant. I do thank Vortex members (on the forum and privately) for 
providing the behind the scenes insight into the history of LENR that 
helped to make this decision happen. My bags are ready to be packed, 
funds locked down and I'm ready to fly to Bologna to see and test a 
E-Cat reactor. What I didn't know or were a bit rusty about in measuring 
a E-Cat has been provided by the excellent Vortex forum.

My intention is to pay the funds into a Escrow account, request a test 
of a single E-Cat and if that is found to be OK, to proceed to pre 
delivery testing the 100 kW plant. Failure of either test to meet a min 
COP 6 result would trigger the return of all my Escrowed funds.

I would appreciate suggestions as to the necessary equipment (manuf and 
model) you would suggest I would need to make the initial single E-Cat 
test measurements. I do have many thermocouples and DVMs with temp 
ranges but no flow meters. Does anybody know the manuf and model of the 
heat exchanger used in the 6 Oct demo as I plan to use that setup to do 
the delta T measurements. I do plan on taking a 16 channel data logger 
and digital oscilloscope (both battery powered) to check the input 
energy in ALL the wires going into the E-Cat.

 From what I have read here, the 2 temp probes should be inserted 
through the wall of the water hose feeding the heat exchanges enough so 
they are approx central to the water flow, while not touching the inside 
wall of the water hose and likewise for the outlet water hose. Is a  45 
deg insertion angle acceptable?

AG



Reply via email to