Yes, Jed you are right.
You go to three experts and the one who gives the correct answer is the
REAL expert. That is the problem in a nutshell - experts are often wrong
even if they say they are experts and it is hard to see which one is THE
expert.  I assume you did not go to the two first experts even as you know
they were less of an exper,t than the third one:)

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros


[email protected]
+1 916 436 1899

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and
enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass. (PJM)


On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Jed Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:

> Eric Walker <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>
>>
> This is not to suggest that all experts are always right, but non-experts
>>> are never right, and they cannot be right, even in principle. If they
>>> happen to be right, it is a lucky guess.
>>>
>>
>> This is complete nonsense.
>>
>
> Obviously I mean with regard to complex technical subjects, such as global
> warming or brain surgery. Or controlling robot explorers on Mars.
>
> Experts are often wrong about ordinary subjects, and subjects outside of
> their own expertise. They can even be wrong about their own fields, but
> logically that means they are not actually experts.
>
> Anyone can judge an expert by looking at results. Over the last few months
> I have had an itching rash. I consulted with two doctors, and followed
> their advice, but it did not get better. Obviously they are not experts on
> that particular problem. I went to third doctor. The treatment he
> recommended seems to be working, so I guess he is an expert after all. Or
> he made a lucky guess. I can't judge.
>
> - Jed
>
>

Reply via email to