Hi Richard,
I tried Identifi for the first time last night, then used it again several 
times today. Your suggestion is a good one which I definitely want to pass on 
to the developer. Thanks for the link, by the way. I also want to suggest a 
couple other things. First, I think it would be cool to be able to use either 
one of the phone's volume buttons or the power switch to snap the picture; when 
I double-tap the Take Picture button I sometimes move the phone a bit and there 
may be a chance that the picture that I'm taking might be skewed to some 
extent.  Also, since the app lets you access the camera roll or photo stream, 
it might be nice to add some extra integration whereby since it not only lets 
me load a picture into the app for identification purposes, why not let me 
decide if the picture is  worth keeping?  What do you think? Is that feasible?
Tom


Sent from my iPhone 7

> On Nov 30, 2016, at 6:38 PM, Richard Turner <[email protected]> 
> wrote:
> 
> I sent him a suggestion about having it repeat the description as well as 
> having it on the screen for review and to help out those using a braille 
> display.
> 
> I'd suggest others write in comments and requests.
> I found his formby following the link for the developer's web site in the app 
> details in the app store. I copied the link below.
> 
> 
> 
> http://getidentifi.com/support
> 
> HTH,
> Richard
> 
> 
> “By doing what you love, you inspire and awaken the hearts of others."
> - Satsuki Shibuya
> (Sent from my iPhone 5S)
> 
> On Nov 30, 2016, at 5:11 PM, Evan Reese <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> The strange thing for me is that I get better results with TapTapSee taking 
>> pictures of the same things as with Identifi, so it can’t be my camera not 
>> being aimed properly.
>> I’ll try some more pictures, but not impressed so far.
>> Evan
>>  
>> From: Richard Turner
>> Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:59 PM
>> To: [email protected]
>> Subject: Re: iDentifi
>>  
>> I have gotten excellent results as well.
>> Like any camera app, your results will depend on the quality of picture you 
>> take.
>> Richard
>> 
>> 
>> “By doing what you love, you inspire and awaken the hearts of others."
>> - Satsuki Shibuya
>> (Sent from my iPhone 5S)
>> 
>> On Nov 30, 2016, at 4:34 PM, Dave <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>> it works fine!
>>> 
>>> it is a matter of holding your camera, in the correct position.
>>> 
>>> I only got the app today, and i have had excellent results.
>>> 
>>> Dave.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> -----Original Message----- From: Lelia Struve
>>> Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 11:51 PM
>>> To: [email protected]
>>> Subject: Re: iDentifi
>>> 
>>> Hello, I did not get very good results either. It was very difficult and I 
>>> even change some settings. Ah  well. Maybe it will get better.
>>> 
>>> Lelia
>>> 
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>> 
>>>>> On Nov 30, 2016, at 3:56 PM, regina alvarado <[email protected]> 
>>>>> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> I had it set to the highest info. At first I took a picture of my guide 
>>>> dog. Most times these apps just say "dog," but it said yellow labrador 
>>>> retriever lying on a brown carpet. I have changed no settings at all. Not 
>>>> sure why you do not get results. Does it tell you it has its own flash on? 
>>>> I found nothing to change flash, but it said it was an automatic flash. 
>>>> Anyway, bewildered why I got good results since I have no idea how to take 
>>>> a picture, how far away, what to put something  on to take a clear 
>>>> picture, etc. Pics I have taken before generally are blury and dark. Maybe 
>>>> beginner's luck? (smiley)
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> Reggie and Lex
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>>> On Nov 30, 2016, at 4:05 PM, Evan Reese <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> Hi Regina,
>>>> What setting did you get these results with? I've tried the Text and High 
>>>> Accuracy settings and haven't been able to get it to work very well so 
>>>> far. I'll try the Low Accuracy setting next and see what that does, but 
>>>> I've left it for last for obvious reasons. I don't expect to get much info 
>>>> from that one.
>>>> It's strange that there should be such radically different experiences 
>>>> with different devices.
>>>> Evan
>>>> 
>>>> -----Original Message----- From: regina alvarado
>>>> Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 2:02 PM
>>>> To: [email protected]
>>>> Subject: iDentifi
>>>> 
>>>> Very impressed! I used iDentifi, and it told me I took a pic of himalayan 
>>>> salt grinder and the name of the store where I bought it. It also said 
>>>> dark plastic bottle. Then I took a package of ginger snap cookies out. It 
>>>> told me ginger snap cookies and how much was in the bag and the company 
>>>> name and code. Can these pics be shared on FB or is there an app that will 
>>>> tell you what is in your picture and then allow you to share it? I have 
>>>> always been worried to share my pics I take as I have no vision to be 
>>>> certain of what I am taking a pic of. I would love to take pictures myself 
>>>> even if I couldn't see others' pictures. Still, even if this app cannot be 
>>>> used for my wish it is a fantastic app.
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> Reggie and Lex
>>>> 
>>>> -- 
>>>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone 
>>>> list.
>>>> 
>>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or 
>>>> if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the 
>>>> owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>>> 
>>>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - 
>>>> you can reach Cara at [email protected]
>>>> 
>>>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>>>> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>> Groups "VIPhone" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>>>> email to [email protected].
>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>> 
>>>> -- 
>>>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone 
>>>> list.
>>>> 
>>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or 
>>>> if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the 
>>>> owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>>> 
>>>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - 
>>>> you can reach Cara at [email protected]
>>>> 
>>>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>>>> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>> Groups "VIPhone" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>>>> email to [email protected].
>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>> 
>>>> -- 
>>>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone 
>>>> list.
>>>> 
>>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or 
>>>> if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the 
>>>> owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>>> 
>>>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - 
>>>> you can reach Cara at [email protected]
>>>> 
>>>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>>>> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>> Groups "VIPhone" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>>>> email to [email protected].
>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>> 
>>> -- 
>>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
>>> 
>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
>>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners 
>>> or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>> 
>>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - 
>>> you can reach Cara at [email protected]
>>> 
>>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>>> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>> Groups "VIPhone" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>>> email to [email protected].
>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. 
>>> -- 
>>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
>>> 
>>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
>>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners 
>>> or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>> 
>>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - 
>>> you can reach Cara at [email protected]
>>> 
>>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>>> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>> Groups "VIPhone" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>>> email to [email protected].
>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>> -- 
>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
>>  
>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
>> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>  
>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - 
>> you can reach Cara at [email protected]
>>  
>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "VIPhone" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>> -- 
>> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
>>  
>> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
>> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
>> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>>  
>> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - 
>> you can reach Cara at [email protected]
>>  
>> The archives for this list can be searched at:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "VIPhone" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
> -- 
> The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.
>  
> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if 
> you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
> moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.
>  
> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - 
> you can reach Cara at [email protected]
>  
> The archives for this list can be searched at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> --- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn - you 
can reach Cara at [email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to