onsdag 29 oktober 2025 kl. 22:59:02 UTC+1 skrev [email protected]:

So, when I commit a large number of files at once, reviewing each one 
before the commit takes a lot of clicking to confirm I am only committing 
the files for the specific "job" I'm now done with.   

The directory in particular might contain work on 4 or 5 different jobs I'm 
working on, so the Commit dialog shows all the changes for every "job".  
 But, when I make this commit,  I will only commit a handful of the changes 
in the list. 

So, my suggestion would be a quick "merge preview" *right in* the commit 
dialog, so that as I scroll through them, the preview changes so I can see 
immediately why they are due to be committed.

mockup here:  
https://image2url.com/images/1761775111321-b07ef205-9699-47ba-b4a8-df166bac789d.png


That would work quite well for our workflow as well, so I think it is quite 
a good idea. However, I didn't study the code in detail so there may be 
something that makes it unfeasable. It would only work for files that 
TortoiseMerge (or TortoiseIDiff) can handle, so for example docx files 
wouldn't work.

I think there needs to be an option (checkbox) to enable it, in case some 
user don't want it. Similar to the Show unversioned files.

Unfortunately I don't have time to work on this - a patch would surely be 
welcome.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TortoiseSVN" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tortoisesvn/eba2c9d8-0f12-43e4-b47e-a18ce2f96f20n%40googlegroups.com.

Reply via email to