On 12/13/10 7:49 AM, Tom Eastep wrote:
> On 12/13/10 6:58 AM, Nathan Gibbs wrote:
>> * Tom Eastep wrote:
>>> On 12/11/10 7:17 AM, Nathan Gibbs wrote:
>>>
>>>> Anyhow, can the current shorewall release do what I need as an action 
>>>> instead
>>>> of a macro?
>>>> If it can, upgrading our shorewalls gets a higher priority.
>>>
>>> Please disregard my last post. No -- the current version does not
>>> support REDIRECT rules in an Action.
>>>
>>>
>> I'm still thinking about this, and "might" have a solution.
>>
>> First a couple of questions.
>> 1. In iptables, does the nat table get processed before the filter table?
> 
> Yes -- please see http://www.shorewall.net/Documentation_Index.html
>>
>> 2. Could I call a chain in the nat table from the filter table?
> 
> No.

As an aside, Shorewall 4.4.16 *will* support DNAT and REDIRECT in actions.

-Tom
-- 
Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car
http://shorewall.net \________________________________________________

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lotusphere 2011
Register now for Lotusphere 2011 and learn how
to connect the dots, take your collaborative environment
to the next level, and enter the era of Social Business.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/lotusphere-d2d
_______________________________________________
Shorewall-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/shorewall-users

Reply via email to