On 04/28/2014 07:31 AM, Dan McAllister wrote:
On 4/25/2014 6:08 PM, Eric Shubert wrote:
On 04/25/2014 02:58 PM, Dan McAllister wrote:
Whatever you decide to put into /var/qmail/control/me, just make sure
its valid.
- say you put "mailhost.example22.com" in there
- First, make sure that mailhost.example22.com resolves to that host's
IP address (either directly or via NAT) [ for example: 10.10.10.10 ]
- Second, contact your ISP and make sure the PTR record for your IP [
10.10.10.10 ] resolves to mailhost.example22.com
Isn't 10.x a bad example here (given those are private addresses)?
Shouldn't these all be public addresses we're talking about? Of course
QMT can be behind a NATing router, but all IPs involved should refer
to the public IP address which the router forwards to QMT.
No?
You would prefer 1.2.3.4?
If someone was confused as to whether the IP address used in the example
was a WAN or LAN address, I think their ISP would straighten that out.
But point taken that public IPs shouldn't be represented in examples
with RFC1918 addresses.
I consider myself properly chastised.
Dan
;)
Thanks Dan. Nothing personal.
I actually ran into an office recently with a LAN configured with
192.100.0.0/24 addresses. Well intentioned I'm sure, but horribly wrong.
--
-Eric 'shubes'
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]