Hi all,
I run mail for 5 or 6 domains on my server. I have a few questions regarding multi-domain hosting

1. What is the appropriate entry for the /var/qmail/control/me file which I believe controls how qmail identifies itself for SMTP HELO/EHLO.

2. What should the PTR record for my IP indicate? Should it match the hostname listed in /var/qmail/control/me?

3. Is it "normal" for a server that identifies itself as mail.example.com to send mail for, say "[email protected]".

In other words, Is this an appropriate conversation?

220 READY
EHLO mail.example.com
OK
MAIL FROM: [email protected]
OK
RECEIPT TO: [email protected]
....

Is the mail server for sample.net going to care that a server which identifies itself as being mail.example.com is sending mail for [email protected]? I would imagine this is very common, but is this also not what spam often looks like?

Thanks.

Kelly

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to