On 9/23/2026 3:53 AM, Martin Schöön wrote:
TLDR:
* Create task specific environments.
* Use mamba.
* Try, as far as possible, to instal all needed packages in one go.
* Don't mend/tinker with environments. Create new ones instead.
* Document your environments. README.md or something...
I also asked Duck.ai (front end for Mistral Small 4 in my case) for
advise. The results looks like a summary of the information I
linked to. I will post it separately after having read through
and figured out how to format it for usenet news.
/Martin
If you're wondering how to format text for Usenet, I like Emacs for this
task. I then paste into Thunderbird for posting, but that's because I'm
not inclined yet to figure out how to configure GNUS.
I've also experimented with the WordPerfect [1] plain text output, but
have not /mastered/ it for Usenet purposes.
Happy formatting text for Usenet!
[1] 6.2 for DOS, but any version should do.
--
Johann | email: invalid -> com | http://www.myrkraverk.com/blog/
I'm not from the Internet, I just work there. | via XS News
https://bsky.app/profile/myrkraverk.bsky.social | for ( ;; ) _:;
--
https://mail.python.org/mailman3//lists/python-list.python.org