/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


A few days ago I wrote this list about trouble compiling the h323 module
under RedHat 6.2.

I found the problem and it was a silly mistake on my part.  I want to pass
it on to save anyone else the time and aggravation of figuring this out!

I made the mistake of downloading and saving the module code on my windows
98 machine since I was still getting networking running on the Red Hat
machine.  Then I used an ascii ftp from the windows box to the Red Hat box
on the internal network.  This resulted in some sort of trouble with the
file.

I downloaded the module code again under Red Hat and noticed a discrepancy
in the file size.  That was the clue I needed.  I copied the latter (d/l'd
on Red Hat) file to the ...net/ipv4 directory and followed the documented
steps for compile and everything worked well.

Please don't fall into the same trap I did!  Download the file from your
Linux box!  Now I'm off to try Netmeeting!  Thanks to all who tried to help
with this silly problem.


Stuart Rauh
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to