/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Stuart Rauh wrote:
> 
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
> 
> Thanks to all who are working on this module.  It is greatly appreciated!
> 
> I'm having trouble compiling the module.  I've followed the steps very
> carefully but I must still be doing something wrong.  Here are the details:
> 
> Using RedHat 6.2 kernel 2.2.14-6.1.1.  Masqerading is working fine on a
> cable modem connection.
> 
> When I download the module from
> http://www.coritel.it/projects/sofia/nat.html it's called ip_masq_h323.c
> (not ip_masq_h3231.c).  I've copied it to .../net/ipv4/ip_masq_h3231.c as
> the instructions say.
> 
> The line I've added to the .../net/ipv4/Makefile is "M_OBJS += ip_masq_ftp.o
> ip_masq_irc.o ip_masq_raudio.o ip_masq_quake.o ip_masq_h323.o"
> 
> When I make modules everything behaves but no ip_masq_h323.o is ever
> compiled!  My next attempt was to change the filename to
> .../net/ipv4/ip_masq_h323.c.  This results in a series of error messages

Never do that! The line has to contain the .o file.
Do a make dep before you do make modules. That builds the dependencies, and
should tell make to compile the .c file.
I actually did a full recompile of the kernel with
make dep; make bzImage; make modules; make modules_install

-Joe

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to