/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Peter V Amerl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 11:05 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [Masq] Help with NetMeeting
> 
> I have had a MASQ server up and running for several months now.
> Over all, it has been good. There are two problems though...
> 1) I would like to patch X-Windows sessions through. That is,
>    if I logon from the outside, (first onto the server) then from
>    there onto the internal machine i.e. 192.168.x.y, I can export
>    X-Windows sessions. But when I sit in front of my internal 
>    machine i.e.. 192.168.x.y and try to display an X-Session from
>    a computer at work, I get nothing. 

I suspect that this is because when you try to start an X client on the
machine at work, it's creating a session inbound.  I think there is a
section on this in the HOWTO, you should take a look at that.  The other
option is to use something like SSH to tunnel/encrypt that data (which is
good, even without the masq "issue"), so that you already have an
established connection for the data to travel back along.
        Greg

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to