/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Peter V Amerl wrote:
> 
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
> 
> Hello all,
> 
> I have had a MASQ server up and running for several months now.
> Over all, it has been good. There are two problems though...
> 1) I would like to patch X-Windows sessions through. That is,
>    if I logon from the outside, (first onto the server) then from
>    there onto the internal machine i.e. 192.168.x.y, I can export
>    X-Windows sessions. But when I sit in front of my internal
>    machine i.e.. 192.168.x.y and try to display an X-Session from
>    a computer at work, I get nothing.
> 2) A similar problem exists with NetMeeting3. I can send video
>    and audio out, but when I need to receive audio/video nothing
>    gets through. (This is disappointing to the grandparents,
>    who would like to see my son and chat with him.)
> 
> All in all, this sounds like the same problem to me. In that the
> server that is running RH6 does not correctly handle incoming
> data. I have downloaded an RPM of ipmasqadm.

At least in the case of Netmeeting, this has nothing to do with the
server.
Rather, this is a NM, or rather H.323 problem. NM sends the IP address of your
local machine (192.168.x.y) in the body of its packets. Therefore, this
address are not translated, and the remote side tries to connect
to this address, which has to fail.
BTW, this problem also occurs with commercial firewalls, e.g.,
MS Proxy Server.
Somebody was working on an H.323 masq module, but I have no idea how
far that progressed.

-Joe

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to