/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Hello,
Lets see, here is what I am trying to do:
Run pcanywhere over the internet,from the local net.
I have a pcanywhere 9.0 host on my local
network(192.168.0.xxx).
And trying to conect to it from over the internet.
What I have installed:
I have Redhat 6.0 and installed ipmasqadm-0_2-3_i386.rpm
The things I am runing:
forward masq. of the host computer, with ipchains -j MASQ.
Andhave tested this and it works fine.
I have tcp and udp reverse masq., port 5631 and 5632.
Useing ipmasqadm portfw.
I run ipmasqadm with the -l options and I get a
list showing every thing being reverse masq.
Also I did a port scan over the internet, and there is an
open port on 5631 (I think, if not then its 5632).
So it looks as if the reverse forwording is working.
All the doc. that I have found indicate that this should
work, but it don't.
Also I have done a little checking with the firewall
and it shows that pcanywere is also trying to use
port 22, the ssh port. Although I did not see this in
any of the doc., and I have the security in pcanywhere
set to none and it still is trying to use port 22.
So, I also tryed to reverse masq. port 22, but it still
will not connect.
Has any one gotten pcanywere version 9.0 to work this way,
or can any one tell me what I may be doing wrong ?
Thanks for any help.
Jim,
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.