/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


K people. I've had enough of this shit.





I have set up a linux box as a gateway with an internat 56k modem. ICQ wont
work properly. DCC file transfers always time out. nothing works like it
should.





I am using redhat 6.0, kernel 2.2.13, pppd 2.3.10, ipchains 1.3.9, etc. I have
followed the howto's, and trinityos and have reformatted and started from
scratch twice. but im having no luck here.





Does any1 know why it isnt working consistantly? There is only 2 clients to
this server. I have also checked that MTU/MRU problem and have had no results.
In the case of ICQ i have tried the module too, and it didnt make a
difference.





Does any1 know what could be happening? I need some real advice here cause if
i dont have this working soon ill have to move to some crappy windows server
instead!





i take it i cant attatch, so here r the files:





/etc/ppp/eisa.chat [my chat script]


--


ABORT 'NO CARRIER'


ABORT 'NO DIALTONE'


ABORT 'ERROR'


ABORT 'BUSY'


REPORT CONNECT


'' ATZ


OK ATM0L0W2


OK [phno]


CONNECT ''


--





/etc/ppp/startppp [my ppp start script]


--


/usr/sbin/pppd connect '/usr/sbin/chat -r /var/log/chat -vf
/etc/ppp/eisa.chat'


--





/etc/ppp/options


--


lock


crtscts


modem


115200


mtu 1500


mru 1500


noauth


/dev/modem


debug


user [username]


defaultroute


noipdefault


--





/etc/rc.d/rc.firewall


--


 echo "Enabling IP MASQ, MASQ timeouts, MASQ modules and advanced firewalling"

 /sbin/modprobe bsd_comp


 echo Loading MASQ modules


 /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp


 /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_irc


 /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_quake


 /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio 


 echo "Enabling IP Masqurading.."


 echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward


 echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_dynaddr


 ipchains -P forward DENY 


 ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.0.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0 


 echo "Extending MASQ timeouts.."


 #   2 hrs timeout for TCP session timeouts


 #  10 sec timeout for traffic after the TCP/IP "FIN" packet is received


 #   2 hrs timeout for UDP traffic (Important for MASQ'ed ICQ users)


 ipchains -M -S 7200 10 7200


 echo "rc.firewall done."


--





PLEASE HELP!












_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to