/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
In short, I'd like to be able to connect to port 6119 on computer X, and
have computer X automatically re-route my data by connecting to port 6112
on computer Y, making it look as if the data came from computer X. Y is to
be 'hardwired' - all 6119 on X port packet contents go to it and vice
versa.
I've been studing ipchains, ipportfw, and ipautofw trying to figure out
how to do this and am stumped (well, I do believe this should be real easy
to somebody who knows what they're doing). What do I need to run on
computer X (it runs redhat linux 5.2) to make this happen? Do I need to
write/install a proxy? If so, what do you suggest?
Or can this can be done with some variant of the MASQ/portfw/autofw/chains
tools?
On a related note, is there documentation somewhere on how to write helper
modules for masquerading (ip_masq_raudio, et al).?
mark
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/