/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
> I've got masq. up and working beautifully except for a recurring ssh
> problem. If I ssh from an internal system to an external server, after
> about 20 or 30 minutes, the connection to the server is lost and the
> follow error is displayed:
>
> Read from remote host named.removed.com: Connection reset by peer
> Connection to named.removed.com closed.
>
> I've tried recreating this problem with different internal clients and
> different external servers and the same thing happens. I'm running 2.2.10
> on the masquerading machine.
I ran into something very similar before, and was shown how to fix it by
changing the timeouts. The idle timer seems to be set to 15 mins by default,
which seems insane to me .....
I use "/sbin/ipchains -M -S 144000 60 3600"
Martin.
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/