/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



> I've got masq. up and working beautifully except for a recurring ssh
> problem.  If I ssh from an internal system to an external server, after
> about 20 or 30 minutes, the connection to the server is lost and the follow
> error is displayed:
> 
> Read from remote host named.removed.com: Connection reset by peer
> Connection to named.removed.com closed.
> 
> I've tried recreating this problem with different internal clients and
> different external servers and the same thing happens.  I'm running 2.2.10
> on the masquerading machine.
> 
> Any ideas?

Increase you tcp timeout value: ipchains -S tcp tcpfin udp

Or run a keep alive script that keeps data moving on the tcp connetion

--

      Tim Fletcher                  .~.
                                    /V\       L   I   N   U   X
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]           // \  >Don't fear the penguin<
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       /(   )\
                                   ^^-^^

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
   Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking





_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to