On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Scott Jangro wrote:

> John,
> 
> If I recall correctly, port forwarding doesn't work from inside of the
> firewall.  Try testing from an external machine.
> 
> If you don't have access to a machine outside your firewall, you can try
> using a service like Website Garage to hit your website:
> 
>   http://www.websitegarage.com
> 
> where you can give it a URL and it will load your page.
> 
> Regards,
> 
>  --scott
> 

Hmmm.. well... I tried that... no luck, websitegarage gave me an error 
parsing webpage error.

My setup now... I just patched my 2.0.36 kernel with the pubs-patch-1.36 
patch for IPPORTFW, i got a minor error (which I have posted to this list 
before about), I manually made those changes and got the kernel compiled 
fine (i think) now I have two boxes, our IP Masqing internet gateway and 
a webserver.

the gateway is suppose to forward all port 80 traffic to port 80 of the 
other internal machine.  but it's not... nothting seems to get passed 
through. if anyone has any ideas specifically about what i'm doing that'd 
be great.  or if you know any very simply failproof way to ttest to see 
if my system is correctly configured to be able to do ipport forwarding.  
thanks.

Josh


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to