John,

If I recall correctly, port forwarding doesn't work from inside of the
firewall.  Try testing from an external machine.

If you don't have access to a machine outside your firewall, you can try
using a service like Website Garage to hit your website:

  http://www.websitegarage.com

where you can give it a URL and it will load your page.

Regards,

 --scott

----------
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [Masq]  Simple Port Forwarding
> Date: Monday, June 21, 1999 11:22 AM
> 
> 
> Hello all,
> 
> I have a very simple setup  I'd like to do.
> I have a Linux IP Masquerading firewall, and I'd like to forward all 
> httpd (port 80) traffic on that machine to port 80 of an internal
machine.
> 
> This seems quite easy to do but for some reason it is not working.
> 
> ipportfw -A -t207.123.123.123/80 -R 10.10.1.3/80
> 
> where 207.123.123.123 is my external IP on the linux masq machine.
> 
> I patched my kernel with subs-patch-1.37.gz
> 
> I'm running kernel 2.0.36
> 
> i realize the patch is for the nexdt up release of the kernel and eprhaps

> that i smy problem... i will try tha tnext.
> 
> what is wierd is when i do
> 
> lynx 207.123.123.123
> 
> before I setup the forwarding rule it says that it cannont establish a 
> connection
> 
> after the forwarding rule is in place it just hangs when it says it's 
> contacting... 
> 
> any ideas?
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Josh Estelle
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
> Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to