Fuzzy Fox wrote:
> Matt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Any issues with ipmasq and dcc send not working in irc? I can accept
> > dcc's just fine, but when i try to send one, the other person never
> > gets it.
>
> How many times is this question going to get posted to the list before
> someone answers it? I don't use IRC, so I know nothing of the DCC
> protocol, but I imagine it's quite similar to FTP.
I've answered this on occasion on the list; however I usually answer via
email, since as you say it gets asked so many times. I attempted to reply
to Matt but it appears he has used a fake email address.
Canned Answer:
Generally problems with DCC send are due to IRC client setup problems and
are not masq related. Here is what I give as general advice to MIRC 5.51
users having DCC problems. Your mileage may vary:
1) Disconnect from the IRC server.
2) Go to menu File|Options ... Under Category: Click on Connect. Click on
Edit and check that your selected IRC server is set to use port 6667.
3) Under Category: Click on Local Info. Clear the text input boxes for
Local Host & IP Address. Make sure the checkboxes for Local Host & IP
Address ARE checked. (IP address may be checked but disabled). Lookup
method: Normal
4) Connect to the IRC server again and give DCC a whirl.
This assumes you DO have the ip_masq_irc.o module loaded and are using the
default port.
John
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]