On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Joffre Heredia wrote:
> >How can I connect the 2 computers directly? Do I need to buy ethernet hub
> >and another Ethernet card?
>
> You can connect your computers the way you wish. I think the fast
> and cheap is to buy two ethernet cards, but you can also use other
> kind of connections like null-modem cable, printer port link, FDDI,
> etc..
Two ethernet cards can be directly connected using a "reversed-pair"
cable. A hub is only needed for three or more hosts.
--
John Hardin KA7OHZ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin PGP key ID: 0x41EA94F5
PGP key fingerprint: A3 0C 5B C2 EF 0D 2C E5 E9 BF C8 33 A7 A9 CE 76
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Efficiency can magnify good, but it magnifies evil just as well.
So, we should not be surprised to find that modern electronic
communication magnifies stupidity as *efficiently* as it magnifies
intelligence.
-- Robert A. Matern
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
90 days until 9/9/99
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]