>Do we need to have another phone line or can we call our own number?
Well, I don't know how it works in other countries, but in the States if
you call your own number, you'll get a busy signal.
>How can I connect the 2 computers directly? Do I need to buy ethernet hub
>and another Ethernet card?
You can connect your computers the way you wish. I think the fast and cheap
is to
buy two ethernet cards, but you can also use other kind of connections like
null-modem cable, printer port link, FDDI, etc..
In the case you use the null-modem cable, you won't need ethernet cards,
just a modem to call the internet.
>I have already looked at the IP-MASQ HOWTO (http://ipmasq.cjb.net/) but
they
>don't really specify
>the physical connection.
>Thanks a lot.
>
>1. iMac, johnb's 2.2.6-ip kernel, cable-modem connection thru ethernet
> (I assumed IP MASQ feature in this kernel is enabled)
>2. single phone line
>3. PC running Windows 95 with Ethernet card.
>
>Gerry
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
>Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]