I'm afraid I have no idea which ident daemon you are using.  So I can't
suggest what to change.  I do have oidentd working nicely though.  A quick
setup is described below.

You can find oidentd at http://www.ojnk.nu/~odin/
(http://199.4.146.19/~odin/ if name fails)  The latest INSTALL file is a
much better document than previous versions.  Do take the time to read it.

default prefix is /usr/local, since I'm using RedHat changing it to /usr
made life easier.

# tar -zxpvf oidentd-1.6.1.tar.gz
# cd oidentd-1.6.1
# ./configure --prefix=/usr
# make
# make install
# /usr/sbin/oidentd -v

Ok, the last is just to make sure it actually installed properly. :)  A
quick edit to inetd.conf so that this ident is the one used, and then
provide names via oidentd.users.

--/etc/inetd.conf--
auth stream tcp nowait nobody /usr/sbin/oidentd oidentd -i -m
--
--/etc/oident.users--
192.168.0.1     user1   Windows
192.168.0.1/24  netuser Windows
--

Names are resolved top down, so you can put specific machines above and
general subnet responses below and still get the results you want.

To test settings telnet to 130.236.254.1 port 114,
I just tested from 192.168.0.1

--telnet response--
Welcome to the IDENT server tester, version 1.9

(Linked with libident-0.21)

Connecting to Ident server at 216.76.187.32...
Querying for lport 64451, fport 114....
Reading response data...
Userid response is:
   Lport........ 64451
   Fport........ 114
   Opsys........ Windows
   Charset...... <not specified>
   Identifier... user1
--
--/var/log/messages--
Mar  5 02:58:56 ishhara oidentd[6400]: Connection from lysator.liu.se
(130.236.2
54.1):36118
Mar  5 02:58:56 ishhara oidentd[6400]: [130.236.254.1] (Masqueraded)
Successful
lookup: 64451 , 114 : USERID : Windows : user1
--

Hope this helps,

Lourdes



_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to