Sue
I think part of the problem with facebook as a host is their software
itself. It doesn't encourage lengthy answers. I wrote a whole page on an
unrelated subject and their software said they would make it invisible to
others after 24 hours. I think there are lots of people on facebook lace
groups simple because facebook has so many members. You can reach a very
large number of potential participants because of that. Never might that the
quality of communication is severely limited. Ning has lots of good
features. Its primary limitation is that they want a hosting fee every year.
I have found a way to deal with that, but I would rather not have to.
Lorelei

-----Original Message-----
To: Sue Babbs <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [lace] Our mail list software

the text-only format of Arachne encourages more in-depth theoretical
conversations that tend to happen in Bobbin lace Facebook groups, where most
often people post photos of their work and receive comments of praise, but
it doesn't foster long conversations. 
However, I don't disagree with the idea of changing platforms, if we could
figure out how to do it smoothly. My only concern is less tech-savvy members
being left behind. I'd also like to float the idea of an Arachne "Zoom" meet
up - the video meeting chat platform, if anyone is interested.

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to