Dear Brian and fellow Arachnids I have heard that Discourse is currently the most advanced forum hosting platform and that it has the capability to import large complex existing archives. I am equally impressed that it is open source. Things that are good for humanity should be free.
I quite like the charm our mailing list that is operating on 90's architecture, but I have to admit that I don't know how to use it. (I had to go look in the arachne handbook to see how to respond to this message, and I'm still not sure that it will work, or if I got some syntax wrong in the subject line...) Which results in my being a "lurker" rather than a participator, and I suspect that I am not the only one. A more user-friendly interface with the community that is easily accessible, easily searchable, with inline multimedia options might be worth looking into? Best wishes from a summery autumn day in Cape Town where we are one week in with our enforced lockdown, and doing well for it. Pierre Fouché - To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected]. Photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/
