I agree here, we have adopted other documents which we decided not to progress 
as separate items later; it's not the end of the world to adopt a document 
which we decide doesn't have enough novelty to publish separately.

Bron.

On Sat, May 23, 2026, at 21:13, John Levine wrote:
> It appears that Murray S. Kucherawy  <[email protected]> said:
> >I remain skeptical that this document is needed.  My understanding is that
> >DKIM2 publishes keys in the DNS with a syntax identical to what DKIM does,
> >except that some tags are being "retired" and thus will be ignored by DKIM
> >implementations.
> 
> You're right.  I'd adopt this draft as a placeholder, with the understanding
> that if nothing changes we can fold it into the main document as you suggest.
> 
> I think there is some value in having a document we can point to for mail
> industry people to tell them not to panic, the transition won't be all
> that hard.
> 
> R's,
> John
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf-dkim mailing list -- [email protected]
> To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
> 

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd / Fastmail US LLC
  [email protected]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-dkim mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to