Yeah great idea you mentioned Nadim so hmm ... Am Sam, den 14.02.2004 schrieb Nadim Shaikli um 23:33: > --- Arafat Medini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > To be more specific, the most important thing I required is that we > > aren't actively searching for ppl outside... Why doesn't arabeyes make > > more in contacting other sites and posting thread in other LUGs ? We > > have a good infrastructure so we need to do some publicity... Go outside > > and for sure the core team can influence some LUGs out there. I was > > planning this for my search but GPLing this idea is not so bad. The core > > team did a GREAT job still it has to go out I think and do a greater > > job. > > Suggest a list of sites and we'll try to do it. Arafat, we, as you are well > aware, are very short-handed (even more so now that a few serious people > seem to have been taken an unseasonal rest for some reason) and as such we > not only need ideas such as the one you present above, but we need URLs > and graphic work and content as well as a means to solidify such a campaign. > > As noted, I've suggested a PR group and I put some thought into it and > solicited others, yet nothing came of it - maybe the timing was wrong and > now is a more opportune window to go after the same idea. I kept screaming > and yelling about going to one's university and telling professors and > students alike about Linux and Arabeyes (Linux-Egypt had great success > when they did this btw). I've suggested a "Linux Day" at one's local > educational facility (as a show-n-tell), yet that landed on deaf ears, > etc, etc. > > Are there people on this list (or you know of) now that would be willing > to work on this subject (again, commitment and serious effort is key). > > Salam. > > - Nadim > > __________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online. > http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html > _______________________________________________ > General mailing list > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > http://lists.arabeyes.org/mailman/listinfo/general >
_______________________________________________ General mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.arabeyes.org/mailman/listinfo/general

