--- Arafat Medini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > To be honest isn't the task of getting new members a task for the core > members? we as translators are suffocating in work, I will search for > translators anyway so it's not my problem with the search itself BUT I > mean the core members also have responsabilities... And I am sure it's > more the responsability of the core members to search and do propaganda > for new members then it is ours. I am saying this because I am not > seeing very much coming from our bosses in this regard.
A few things to note. Arabeyes was/is very clear with the concept of coordinators - one of their tasks was/is stated as "you will recuirt for your respective project(s) to get the job completed sooner rather than later by any means you see fit". In reality, it is _everyone's_ job to recruit and to spread the word. With that said and with the results being as disappointing as history has shown, I tried to start a Public-Relations (PR) group - a number of useful posts where noted on this list yet nothing came of it. Again, a number of people talked alot and promised a bunch but never came through and we ended-up wasting a huge amount of time educating/coordinating/brain-storming. Here's a thread to look over (unfortunately, Ra'id simply disappeared), http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2003/September/msg00088.html Now, I realize that 'core' is ultimately responsible for this dilemma yet we need everyone's thoughts and help to make this happen. So I will suggest the following, instead of talking in generalities give specific suggestions and concrete ideas with tangible (ie. measurable) means to gauge results. Tell us how you envision 'core' doing a better job. Salam. - Nadim __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online. http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html _______________________________________________ General mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.arabeyes.org/mailman/listinfo/general

