Because I almost never go full harness, I forget that harnesses are a fine
way to produce code. Often, I sit much closer to the zero-shot side of the
spectrum, with a few iterations and myself as the validator.

This got me thinking about the degree to which frontier model developers
privilege our harness-produced code when generating their synthetic data.
To the degree that I am willing to pay for tokens, I am, in some sense,
vouching for the potential training value of the generated code. Even if
it’s wrong, it may be better than random, in that it is text someone
wanted. Path dependence and all of that.

Producing idiosyncratic generators seems a lot more valuable than slurping
up and training on pure state.
.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. / ... 
--- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe   /   Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom 
https://bit.ly/virtualfriam
to (un)subscribe http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com
FRIAM-COMIC http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/
archives:  5/2017 thru present https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/
  1/2003 thru 6/2021  http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/

Reply via email to