On 10/9/26 18:02, andy pugh wrote:
On Fri, 9 Oct 2026 at 22:25, Chris Albertson <[email protected]> wrote:
Next problem is the FreecAD just happens to have the worst user interface of
any 3D CAD system. It works, but the user experience is poorer than with other
systems.
I have used worse, but it was a while ago. And I am prepared to
believe that there are worse out there. But that video seems to
suggest that it's improving fast.
Arguably OpenSCAD is worse, depending on how you define "user interface".
Debatable. I like the text src I can see and edit in real time, but find
the editor a bit clunky.
But I am not necessarily disagreeing with your statement. I can't say
I am enjoying my ideologically-based switch from Fusion to FreeCAD. I
am not finding myself modelling for fun in quite the same way.
But I _am_ confident that _my_ models remain _my_ models and will
always work with the version of FreeCAD on _my_ computer.
The latter Exactly, Andy.
_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users