* Michael Hauser 2014-02-24 01:13
> [email protected] writes:
> > I may be missing something, but for most applications, unfloating them
> > works just fine to "return control", in your terms, to the dwm: they get
> > managed while they think they are full screen. (Here at least. I should
> > admit I didn't try with a recent dwm)
> 
> I am using dwm-git, version number says 6.1;  and no, they do not become
> floating clients.
> 
> I tried it with feh, FBRreader and just fired up Firefox and hit F11 to
> toggle it to fullscreen.

After they get fullscreen, they float, I guess. If you now toggle
floating (Mod-Shift-Space here) they should get managed, shouldn't they?
My binding:

        { MODKEY|ShiftMask,             XK_space,  togglefloating, {0} },       
                                               

> > If these few more keystrokes bug you, probably adding a rule which makes
> > the fullscreen windows managed could do the job for you. 
> 
> Elaborate, please.  How would you do this?

In the Rule array in config.h, e.g. (untested):

        static Rule rules[] = { 
                /* class      instance    title       tags mask     isfloating  
 monitor */  
                {"fullscrean",      NULL,   NULL,   NULL,   False, -1},  
                [...]

You need to figure out what class, title, etc. your windows have.

--s.

Reply via email to