Hello, considering dwm already manages clients perfectly in a 'fullscreen' way (monocle), this question arises:
Why let applications that have their own fullscreen settings take away control from the window manager? Use case: I'm using mainly two tags and monocle layout; tag 1 is the one I am working on and the other I use to get currently unused apps out of the way. Now, apps like FBReader (Firefox, feh, …you name it) have this special 'fullscreen' mode that hides toolbars, tabbars, etc… which is most of the time the way the state I like them in. I think that there shouldn't be a difference for dwm in this case at all. E.g.: I want leave FBReader in 'fullscreen' mode and be able to cycle to other clients. This nags me since the last 'fullscreen' thread and I humbly ask to consider writing a patch that lets apps think that they are really fullscreen when in fact they are not. Further this whole concept of 'fullscreen' seem horribly broken to me in the days of dynamic window management. Sincerly, mih -- 'aware water' is an anagram for 'we are at war'
