nzw921rx commented on issue #12339:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/12339#issuecomment-5757068796

   Thank you for the update.
   
   1. Regarding `checkpoint.scheduler-dispatch-thread-num` in 
`SharedCheckpointScheduler`, I agree that we should first determine whether 
this configuration is necessary based on evidence. After changing the 
implementation to `CompletableFuture.allOf(completableFutureArray).get()`, most 
of my concerns have been addressed. If the dispatcher does not perform any I/O 
or RPC operations, this configuration does not seem necessary.
   
   2. Regarding the new scheduling model, we now have a complete benchmarking 
framework. I think we should establish a dedicated benchmark for the new 
coordinator to evaluate the performance of `SharedCheckpointScheduler`. This 
could be submitted as a separate PR. It would help us evaluate the efficiency 
of the new `SharedCheckpointScheduler` and establish a complete performance 
baseline for it.
   
   Currently, 
`org.apache.seatunnel.benchmark.CheckpointingTimeBenchmark#checkpointSingleInput`
 invokes `createPendingCheckpoint` through reflection, which bypasses the 
`CheckpointScheduler`. As a result, the scheduling and coordination efficiency 
of both the old and new implementations remains a blind spot in our benchmarks.
   
   I suggest adding this benchmark so that we can use concrete evidence to 
determine whether the new implementation is better or worse than the previous 
one.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to