nzw921rx commented on issue #12339:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/12339#issuecomment-5749577936

   Hi, I think we should support a configurable thread count for the following 
reasons:
   
   Zeta uses a separated architecture. For example, in a deployment with 3 
masters and N workers, network I/O is involved. As the number of workers and 
running jobs increases, we cannot guarantee that a fixed number of threads will 
always be sufficient for large-scale data synchronization workloads.
   
   Now that we are changing from per-job `CheckpointCoordinator` threads to a 
shared `SharedCheckpointScheduler`, I think we should also provide users with a 
configuration option to tune the size of the shared thread pool.
   
   A hard-coded value such as `40` cannot guarantee that users will never 
encounter resource bottlenecks under different workload scales. Making it 
configurable would give users more flexibility and provide a safer way to tune 
the system when necessary.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to