Ok - This really sparked my interest, as I have some POP's I need to get some 
ME's for....spoke to our Cisco AM, got pricing(No haggling yet) on 3 options

ME3600
ME3800
ASR920

ME3600+3800 came back nearly identical pricing...actually ME3800 was cheaper! 
(With 10Gb ports enabled on ME3600)...so I would go ME3800 every day of the 
week based of this....but, the ASR920 was 1/4 of the price of the ME's, and 
Cisco even recommended I go with them vs the ME's??  

Im really not following what Cisco are doing here?  Are they not wanting to 
sell ME's anymore?

Based on what I have received so far, it will be ASR920 purchases for 
certain....assuming of course, feature parity, stability etc is the same as the 
ME3600's we have.

Would really like other people thoughts on the ASR920, and why Cisco are now 
"anti-ME" (Well they certainly arent making them an attractive option v's the 
ASR920) ??

Cheers.

Subject: Re: [c-nsp] ASR902 vs ME3800X
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 00:11:55 +0200


  
    
  
  
    

    

    On 23/Mar/15 23:59, CiscoNSP List
      wrote:

    
    
      
      
      
        

        
        

        
        Thanks Mark - but Im still confused by this...why would
          Cisco release an upgrade to the ME3600/ME3800 that is far
          cheaper? Devils always in the detail, so what is the ASR920
          missing vs the ME3800?  

        
      
    
    

    I'm going to get a few to test, but from what I can initially see,
    nothing besides software parity.

    

    Others who have deployed ASR920's can provide their feedback.

    

    Mark.
                                          
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to