On 3/18/2015 1:49 AM, Mark Tinka wrote:
On 18/Mar/15 09:37, CiscoNSP List wrote:
Hi Guys,

Looking at both of these boxes to terminate 10Gb Aggs and a bunch of either VRF or VPLS tails...3800X looks to support more VRF's(2000 instances) vs 128 on the ASR902...but we only need a 2 or 3, just a heap of subints/vlan ints in the same vrf, but the 902 looks to be able to give me (With 8x1 Interface module x 4 ) 32 x 1Gb ports and 4 x 10Gb ports...price-wise they look pretty close...am I missing something with the ASR902...as they look like a really nice alternative to the ME3800X.....3800X will only give me 24 x 1Gb ports and 2 x 10Gb ports...so would need more of them to accommodate the number of 10G ports I need.

The upgrade path for the ME3600X/3800X is the ASR920.

I'd consider the ASR920 if you're looking at the long-term. My only disappointment with the ASR920 as of today is that the 4x 10Gbps uplinks do not have 40x or 48x customer-facing ports.

Mark.
Hi Mark,

I'm looking at the asr920s myself - can you give a little more info on how it's the upgrade path from an me3800x? I can see that they have similar stats in some areas, but I'm having a hard time with the idea of a router being the next step up from a switch, especially given that we're looking at a quote that's around 4x less than what we have for 3800s. I'm a product line dunce, though, so any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim Densmore
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to