What are we hoping for / expecting from Cisco here? I would like to see an ASR920 with extendend bufferspace to replace the ME3600X. Mostly because the formfactor is superior.
Also, I am missing an 8xTe version of the ASR900. Generally, I am pretty happy about the ASR900 line so far. It lacks software maturity, but that is in the nature of new things. On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 9:50 AM, Mark Tinka <[email protected]> wrote: > > > On 24/Mar/15 10:37, Mattias Gyllenvarg wrote: > > I have no machine in production yet so this is speculation. > But the ASR920 has less bufferspace then the ME3600x, this may be handled > by design if you utilize the extra Te interfaces in a clever way. Thought > it makes it hard to make a case for the ASR920 to replace the ME3800x, > Unless cisco invents a license for more bufferspace. > I think that the ME3800X will be sneaking into the ASR9000 realm. > > > The ASR920 only replaces the ME3600X, as they are of reasonably similar > scale. > > The ME3800X still scales better than the ASR920, so it's not being > replaced by this unit for the time being. > > Mark. > -- *Med Vänliga Hälsningar / Best Regards* *Mattias Gyllenvarg* _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
