On Jun 5, 2015, at 3:36 PM, Mike Burns 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
I do object to John Curran writing a policy proposal to be submitted to the 
community under another person’s name.
It just seems wrong to me but I could be alone in that thought.

Mike -

    ARIN staff has always been available (if asked) to aid with crafting of 
number resource
    policy proposal language.   We generally are not asked, and that’s why it 
is uncommon.
    The definition of a Policy Proposal in Policy Development Process notes 
that staff may
    be involved in refinement of an idea for a policy 
<https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp.html> -

    “Policy Proposal - An idea for a policy that is submitted to the Policy 
Development Process. Members of the ARIN Advisory Council and ARIN staff work 
with the originator to refine the Policy Proposal so that it contains a clear 
statement of the existing problem with Internet number resource policy and 
suggested changes to Internet number resource policy text to address the 
problem.”

     (I’ll also admit I’d prefer the AC to take the lead in such matters, but 
that does sort of
     presume the active cooperation of the originator to allow such to happen.)

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN

_______________________________________________
PPML
You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to
the ARIN Public Policy Mailing List ([email protected]).
Unsubscribe or manage your mailing list subscription at:
http://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-ppml
Please contact [email protected] if you experience any issues.

Reply via email to