Hi Jason,

 

I do object to John Curran writing a policy proposal to be submitted to the 
community under another person’s name.

It just seems wrong to me but I could be alone in that thought.

 

Regards,
Mike

 

 

From: Jason Schiller [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2015 3:30 PM
To: Mike Burns
Cc: William Herrin; John Curran; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML 2015-2

 

Mike, 

 

If you object, I'm sure an AC member can be found to craft some text, and get 
staff and legal assessment.

 

FWIW, if you like this restriction, I think the rjletts approach catches it all:

 

If target registry does not allow transfers out of their RIR then

reject transfer to target registry

If target registry allows transfers out of their RIR to any other registry that 
does not allow transfers out of their RIR then

reject transfer to target registry

else

                accept the transfer

 

WRT this restriction and compatible needs-based policies, you may want to do 
the same...

 

If target registry does not allow transfers out of their RIR then

reject transfer to target registry

If target registry allows transfers out of their RIR to any other registry that 
 either

         1. does not have a compatible needs based policy 

   OR 2. does not allow transfers out of their RIR then

reject transfer to target registry

else

                accept the transfer

 

FWIW, its not just NIRs, I believe you could transfer IPs from ARIN to APNIC, 
and then from APNIC to RIPE.

 

__Jason

 

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Mike Burns <[email protected] 
<mailto:[email protected]> > wrote:

Tell me the words you'd accept as requiring transfer reciprocity and
compatibility go beyond lip service and I'll advance those words. Else
suffer the continued wagging of my finger.

Regards,
Bill Herrin


Well, now, I think that's a bit too much participation to ask of ARIN's
president. I support continued finger-wagging.
Regards,
Mike




--
William Herrin ................ [email protected] 
<mailto:[email protected]>   [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>  Owner,
Dirtside Systems ......... Web: <http://www.dirtside.com/>
_______________________________________________
PPML
You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the ARIN Public
Policy Mailing List ([email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> ).
Unsubscribe or manage your mailing list subscription at:
http://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-ppml
Please contact [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>  if you experience any 
issues.

_______________________________________________
PPML
You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to
the ARIN Public Policy Mailing List ([email protected] 
<mailto:[email protected]> ).
Unsubscribe or manage your mailing list subscription at:
http://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-ppml
Please contact [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>  if you experience any 
issues.





 

-- 

_______________________________________________________

Jason Schiller|NetOps|[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> 
|571-266-0006

 

_______________________________________________
PPML
You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to
the ARIN Public Policy Mailing List ([email protected]).
Unsubscribe or manage your mailing list subscription at:
http://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-ppml
Please contact [email protected] if you experience any issues.

Reply via email to