Salad wrote, in part:
> Under the current rules, as I understand them, a person may create a
> Scheduled Action on behalf of some player. Rule 2716 then causes that
> player to perform the Payload as emself

My recent mistake (
https://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg57919.html
) shows that one _cannot_ create a scheduled action on behalf of
someone else, since there's no rule allowing one to do so.  Am I
missing something (again)?

But the rest of this message assumes one (A) _can_ create a scheduled
action on behalf of another (B).

I don't see that the action taken would be by B as emself.  The rule
says that the scheduled action's "creator [presumably B] performs
actions as if e had published its Payload at that time" of the
trigger.  Even so, it's not clear to me that B performs actions as if
e had published the payload _on eir own behalf_ at that time.  The
rule doesn't certainly say so.  Quite possibly, the rule means that B
performs actions as if e had published the payload _via agent A_ at
that time.  (Of course, that's what you're protoproposing anyway, so
it sounds good to me.  I'm just saying I'm not convinced it's
necessary.)

Yours truly,

msh210

Reply via email to