Hi,

On Thu, Oct 17, 2024 at 05:06:03PM +0200, Rinse Kloek wrote:
> However, we should also consider that all those /29s that are
> reserved will remain unusable because they are blocked.

I'm not sure I understand this.  If a /29 is reserved, it's reserved
because the initial allocation was a /35 or /32 - so those allocations
can not grow to a /28.  Bad luck.

Indeed, if we get a lot of returns "I must have a /28, so here's my
/32-reserved-/29 back!" we would have a fragmented address pool at
the NCC, with /29s that can not form a /28.

OTOH, do you expect every new LIR to ask for a /28?  I admit I have not
read the proposal yet, but if it's in line with what we currently have,
a LIR could just signal "a /32 is good for me" and get one of those /29
holes...

(Our /32 has lasted us 26 years so far, and we'll never fill it - so
we've never extended it to a /29, because, why?)

Gert Doering
        -- 2nd IPv6 allocation made by RIPE NCC
-- 
have you enabled IPv6 on something today...?

SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Ingo Lalla,
                                           Karin Schuler, Sebastian Cler
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

-----
To unsubscribe from this mailing list or change your subscription options, 
please visit: 
https://mailman.ripe.net/mailman3/lists/address-policy-wg.ripe.net/
As we have migrated to Mailman 3, you will need to create an account with the 
email matching your subscription before you can change your settings. 
More details at: https://www.ripe.net/membership/mail/mailman-3-migration/

Reply via email to