Moin,

On Mon, 2024-10-14 at 15:45 +0200, Peter Hessler wrote:
> I see in the new policy text, this was added to 5.7:  """[one or more
> IPv6 allocations] that were originally issued directly by the RIPE
> NCC as a single prefix may request [embiggening]""".
> 
> Can the authors explain why this text was added?

I am not the authors, but I assume that this is to prevent an entity
holding a /32
from a /29 having that extended to /28 not, i.e., creating a new full-
size
allocation out of a single /32.

I would argue, though, that given the recent notes on v6 hoarding (and
in the
same spirit as that restriction) the policy should also include a limit
to one
allocation for which this can be done per LIR; And ideally, some
mechanic limiting
abuse of this by people holding _a lot_ of initial allocations.

With best regards,
Tobias 
-----
To unsubscribe from this mailing list or change your subscription options, 
please visit: 
https://mailman.ripe.net/mailman3/lists/address-policy-wg.ripe.net/
As we have migrated to Mailman 3, you will need to create an account with the 
email matching your subscription before you can change your settings. 
More details at: https://www.ripe.net/membership/mail/mailman-3-migration/

Reply via email to