Hi Michiel,

I think the email from Mike (yesterday) responded to this together with my 
previous links to each RIR. Anyway, I've contacted to all the RIR policy 
officers, and even if not all them have responded yet with new information, 
this is a summary of the situation.

1) In ARIN, they ask for signing the RSA. This is the literal response I got 
from them:

ARIN Policy 2009-1 does indeed require specified transfer resources to 
“receive” the resources under RSA. This policy was implemented in June 2009 and 
that version of the NRPM may be viewed at 
https://www.arin.net/vault/policy/archive/nrpm_20090601.pdf.

Subsequent policy changes impacted NRPM section 8.3, and went on to add 8.4 and 
8.5, clarifying that the requirement applies to both intra- and inter-RIR 
transfers with ARIN recipients.

The Inter-RIR language specifically came about via ARIN Policy 2012-1 
(https://www.arin.net/vault/policy/proposals/2012_1.html), which was 
implemented in July 2012 
(https://www.arin.net/vault/policy/archive/nrpm_20120731.pdf).
    
Since that time, other changes have occurred within Section 8, but none to my 
knowledge have impacted the requirement that recipients must “receive” the 
resources under RSA.

2) AFRINIC. There was a wrong link in their web page when I looked at this and 
provided the link here. After I checked that and observed the mismatch, they 
corrected it. So the correct link to the proposal is:
https://www.afrinic.net/policy/archive/ipv4-resources-transfer-within-the-afrinic-region-v3

3) LACNIC and APNIC, as explained in previous email.

Even if I've asked them for explicit arguments when the discussion of each 
proposal was carried out I didn't get those responses, so again I think Mike 
email has the clearest view. Alternatively, there will be a chance if we 
investigate the mail archive discussion for each policy proposal in each RIR.

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet
 
 

El 16/7/19 11:05, "Michiel Klaver" <[email protected]> escribió:

    Hi Jordi,
    
    Maybe you can provide any documentation available from the other RIRs 
    about their rationale why they implemented this kind of policy? Maybe 
    they have some strong arguments we are missing here?
    
    
    Gert Doering wrote at 2019-07-16 10:46:
    > Hi,
    > 
    > On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 10:29:28AM +0200, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via
    > address-policy-wg wrote:
    >> Again, please consider, if it is good that we are the only RIR not 
    >> doing so. I don't think that's good.
    > 
    > If this is the main argument ("I changed this in all the other RIRs,
    > and now *you* are the only ones stubbornly refusing to follow my
    > all-the-others-are-doing-this argument") - it's a somewhat weak one.
    > 
    > You have failed to bring forward any reason for changing things, except
    > 
    >  "it is unfair that there is a difference"
    > 
    > (without detailing what exactly the unfairness would be, who would
    > be disadvantaged by this, exactly, and why they would be affected
    > positively by this proposal) - and
    > 
    >  "all the other RIRs have changed this!"
    > 
    > which is both not very compelling.
    > 
    > 
    > I could also not see anyone speak up in a supportive way, so I'd 
    > consider
    > this "sufficiently discussed, and no support to go for a formal 
    > proposal".
    > 
    > Gert Doering
    >         -- APWG chair
    



**********************************************
IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or 
confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the 
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, 
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if 
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be 
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware 
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this 
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly 
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the 
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.





Reply via email to