Hi Gert,

Just to be clear: I didn't change this in any RIR.

I've proposed Inter-RIR transfers in LACNIC and AFRINIC, following their 
existing intra-RIR policies, which already had this legacy to non-legacy with 
the transfer, so I just kept it.

I still think it is unfair to have a legacy status, and for me this is a good 
reason. As Jim said, it is about diversity, in this case of opinions.

I'm going to investigate the reasons to have this in the other RIRs and come 
back to the list.

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet


El 16/7/19 10:46, "address-policy-wg en nombre de Gert Doering" 
<[email protected] en nombre de [email protected]> escribió:

    Hi,
    
    On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 10:29:28AM +0200, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via 
address-policy-wg wrote:
    > Again, please consider, if it is good that we are the only RIR not doing 
so. I don't think that's good.
    
    If this is the main argument ("I changed this in all the other RIRs, 
    and now *you* are the only ones stubbornly refusing to follow my 
    all-the-others-are-doing-this argument") - it's a somewhat weak one.
    
    You have failed to bring forward any reason for changing things, except
    
     "it is unfair that there is a difference"
    
    (without detailing what exactly the unfairness would be, who would
    be disadvantaged by this, exactly, and why they would be affected 
    positively by this proposal) - and
    
     "all the other RIRs have changed this!"
    
    which is both not very compelling.
    
    
    I could also not see anyone speak up in a supportive way, so I'd consider
    this "sufficiently discussed, and no support to go for a formal proposal".
    
    Gert Doering
            -- APWG chair
    -- 
    have you enabled IPv6 on something today...?
    
    SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael 
Emmer
    Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
    D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
    Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279
    



**********************************************
IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or 
confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the 
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, 
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if 
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be 
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware 
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this 
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly 
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the 
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.





Reply via email to