I now regret not including more info in my post.

On Tuesday, October 06, 2026, at 11:48 AM, Calvin Morrison wrote:
> they sell PS2 to USB adapters. That should work. I briefly searched the Pi 
> forums and people report this works. I'd recommend trying to get a dongle 
> online for <$10. If that doesn't work there are 3 button mice available that 
> are USB.
I am currently using what I'm pretty sure is exactly what shawn and clem have 
pointed to:
> https://thepihut.com/products/ps-2-keyboard-mouse-to-usb-adapter
>  * https://www.amazon.com/UCEC-Mouse-Keyboard-Converter-Cable/dp/B00X9QX9MS/

..perhaps I should report the error I get when I try to plug it in?

-------------------------------

musb/usbd: usbcmd: /dev/usb/ep5.0: d2h|std|dev getdesc required 4 attemps (no 
data from device)
(5x)
musb/usbd: /dev/usb/ep2.0: port 4: too many attaches in short succession

-------------------------------

On Tuesday, October 06, 2026, at 12:11 PM, Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> But why bother unless you already have a PS/2 mouse that you like?

Excellent question.  I did my research, and got what was recommended.  When it 
came, and I saw the ball inside, I cursed and groaned.

Ok, this is clearly the next thing to try:

On Tuesday, October 06, 2026, at 12:20 PM, Clem Cole wrote:
> Starting with the Model B+, they added a power-control scheme, and the 
> >>total<< USB current across all the ports was 600 mA, but you could get 
> twice that if you set max_current=1 in the config,txt file.

I have now tried this.  No change.

On Tuesday, October 06, 2026, at 2:09 PM, Thaddeus Woskowiak wrote:
> Use a powered USB hub between the mouse and pi if you have power concerns.

I heard about these and looked for them, and ended up convincing myself that I 
had misunderstood or misremembered, because I failed to find anything that 
would fit this description, and make sense.  If necessary, I'll look again.

-----------------------------

I sent away last night for a usb-3button mouse.  There seem to be three types, 
two from japan, then "vintage" ones from the uk.  I now have a few other 
suggestions to consider.   :-)
------------------------------------------
9fans: 9fans
Permalink: 
https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Td94105a3d5018162-M4449032f34ba0679d1f92908
Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription

Reply via email to