I'm trying to build 4.3.0 on my Linux system.  I'm following the documentation 
carefully but I've hit an error that is stopping the build.  I've searched the mailing 
list archives for the error but can't any mention of it.  

I've created a simple build script to ensure I'm following the documented build 
procedure:
rm -rf xc
tar -xzvf X430src-1.tgz
tar -xzvf X430src-2.tgz
tar -xzvf X430src-3.tgz
cd xc/config/cf
sed 's/#define BuildFonts/define BuildFonts/' xf86site.def >host.def
cd ../../..
rm -rf build
mkdir build
cd build
lndir ../xc
make  World > World.log 2>&1

When I run it, here is the error I'm getting:
<snip>
make[2]: Leaving directory `/src/xfree86/src/build/programs'
cleaning in ./fonts...
make: *** fonts: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: Entering an unknown directorymake: Leaving an unknown directorymake[1]: *** 
[clean] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/src/xfree86/src/build'
make: *** [World] Error 2

The following confirms that my build script is setting BuildFonts to NO:
/src/xfree86/src# grep BuildFonts build/config/cf/host.def 
define BuildFonts               NO

It looks like "make World" is expecting to find a "fonts" subdirectory.  But doesn't 
setting BuildFonts to NO in the host.def file cause make to skip building fonts?

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Thanks,
Bill

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to